Sunday Media Montage 12-18-2011
Whew it has been a busy week in Blog Land! Lots of excitement has been brewing surrounding the belly posts both here as well as on elephant journal. Have you sent me your belly picture yet?
It however is that time again! The Sunday round up of the best of the web!
- I won’t be going to AskMen.com again. Not that I frequent that site, but really? Top 10 Subtle Ways to Tell Her She’s Getting Fat. Like About-Face.org I may vomit on my shoes.
- Along those lines, lets check out Men’s magazines covers then and now. Fun fun! Flinging small furry creatures is my idea of an awesome catch.
- Has advertising gotten worse? Watch this video. This speaker, Jean Kilbourne will be in Ohio at Denison in February 2012. I plan to go. Let me know if you are interested!
- While the media does perpetuate eating disorders and body image issues it doesn’t necessarily cause them. A good read.
- Should beauty hurt? It does. If beauty hurts, we’re are doing it wrong...
- The dangers of reality TV. Yes they exist.
- Do you remember the good ol’ days of gym class? I always counted down the minutes until it was over. Here however is why this can no longer be considered a throwaway class.
- Yoga in museums. Beautiful.
- Are you feeling it in pigeon pose? Here may be why!
Did you miss some of the posts on Balancing on Two Feet this week? You can catch up here.
Wednesday: The Stew of Life.
Thursday: Embrace that Belly!
Elephant Journal posts
Photo Credits: hurricanevanessa.com, yogadawg.blogspot.com, autostraddle.com, http://holidayverve.typepad.com